Wednesday 28 August 2013

TRAVEL DIARIES: MEXICO


The summer’s nearly over but a lucky few are still jetting off on holiday. Our customer service coordinator Lauren was one of the lucky ones who has just got back from Mexico. Lauren loves the brand and she took her favourite summer looks with her on holiday. Here is her travel diary accompanied with some beautiful pictures she took whilst she was out there. We hope you enjoy reading it as much as we did!

Lauren:
I was persuaded by my extended family to come along on a group to trip to Mexico. I had heard so much about how amazing Mexico is and it certainly didn't disappoint. I found it to be a perfect place to relax, unwind and also a great place to learn about the culture and Mayan history.



We were lucky enough to stay in a luxury five star hotel in the resort of Riviera Maya. Our hotel had 5 pools to choose from and it also ran along a white sandy beach. The hotel had such a relaxing atmosphere and lots of food and cocktails available, so all I did for the first week was relax and unwind which was lovely! I took the Ria Falling Leaves top with me which was a perfect cover up for the beach. The fabric was nice and lightweight which kept me cool in the Mexican heat.




The second week of my trip I went to visit the Cenotes. Cenotes are unground caverns that were sacred to the Mayans. The cenotes are natural sinkholes that expose ground water beneath the surface.  On the trip we trekked into the jungle and came across a cluster of Cenotes. The first one we went into was underground with a small exposed area. In this centoes ancient Mayan rituals are still preformed. The cenotes was filled with beautiful exotic birds and a colony of bats. The second cenote was open air and was filled with lots of beautiful fish and fresh water turtles. This was a perfect location to go snorkeling or swimming as the water was crystal clear. 




The closest town to us was called Carmen del Playa. The town was really busy filled with small shops and bars. Despite the town being a tourist attraction, the Mexican culture was very strong throughout the town. I wore the Aruna crimson blouse to the town. I paired this top with some denim shorts and sandals and I was ready to explore the small streets and traditional markets of Carmen del Playa.









I had an amazing time in Mexico and I would definitely recommend taking some Ruby+Ed pieces on holiday to make sure you keep cool whilst looking stylish. 

We would love to hear about you holiday experiences, so if you do want to share you stories with us send us a message on Facebook!

Ruby+Ed x



No comments :

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment :)

Welcome

Welcome to the Ruby+Ed blog! This is the place to be inspired and keep up with all the goings-on behind the scenes!