Monday 21 May 2012

SAM'S HOLIDAY TO MOROCCO




As you may have noticed we have been writing our ‘Around the world diaries’ for quite some time now and we are thoroughly enjoying telling you all about our adventures. One customer has enjoyed the series so much that she has decided to contribute with her own story. It was so lovely to read and she kindly agreed to allow us to use it on the blog. Here is Sam’s story of what she did when she went to Morocco.

‘I have just returned from the gorgeous country of Morocco where I wore my new lovely Ruby+Ed purchases that I got from their website a few weeks ago in preparation for my holiday. Being a fan of the Ruby+Ed Blog and your Ruby+Ed Facebook page I have been captivated by your lovely ‘Around the world diaries’, so It gave me some inspiration to share my trip with you.

Sam at the beach in Agadir wearing the Aruna Dusty Rose dress

I stayed by the beach in Agadir in south west Morocco. My Ruby+Ed Aruna dress in Dusty Rose was perfect for walking along the beach which went on for miles! Whilst walking along the beach one day we came across this lovely man and his camel where I asked for a photo. Below you can see a photo of me on a camel wearing my Aruna Dusty Rose dress.

Sam posing on a camel wearing the Aruna Dusty Rose dress

Agadir was a nice quiet resort, quite modern due to it being rebuilt after it was nearly all destroyed by an earthquake in 1960. However to see more traditional Morocco we headed for Marrakech....

The main square in Marrakech is full of performers, such as snake charmers and acrobats, it was like another world. The souks were like a maze of market stalls of locals selling their handmade crafts and locally produced products. During a tour of the souks we passed through an area where you could see the local people making everything from leather bags to lanterns all by hand.


Roof top restaurant where we had lunch

I also visited the Bahia Palace (pictures below) where I wore my Ruby+Ed hand printed Bela tunic which made me feel very at home among the decorative tiles and paintings. Afterwards we stopped off for lunch on a roof top restaurant (pictured above) with fantastic views over the city for some traditional Moroccan food.

Same wearing the Bela tunic outside the Bahia Palace




Marrakech was a magical city and I would love to go back to one day. ‘

We hope you have been inspired by Sam’s travel diary and we encourage you all to send yours into us either via our contact form on our on-line site or simply sending an email to info@rubyanded.co.uk  FAO Chris Hughes.

Ruby+Ed x

1 comment :

  1. His subject is good, long while I find this topic and I think it is here, many thanks guys .
    Morocco Tours

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment :)

Welcome

Welcome to the Ruby+Ed blog! This is the place to be inspired and keep up with all the goings-on behind the scenes!